Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY - Embellished Sparkly Pumpkins

Can I just say how much I love Target...and especially the bargain section right as you walk in the door.  I'm telling you, lots of treasures to be had if you look!  I found these faux pumpkins that came in green, orange and purple.  The green ones had me at first glance so I picked up some ribbon and a feather boa, fired up my hot glue gun and voila!  Easy, quick and cheap and I can use them again for a couple of years!


So here we go...


So the supplies I used were the faux pumpkins from Target, which I paid a whopping $2.50 for, hot glue gun and glue sticks, some ribbon (you can use anything to create the look you want) and a feather boa.

I started at the top and placed hot glue down the pumpkin at intervals to secure it.  I wrapped it from the top, down around the bottom and up the other side.  You can use one kind of ribbon or two like I did here.  






Once I had the ribbon looking the way I wanted, it was time to add the finishing touch and that was where my little furry boa came into play.  I placed the boa around the top to figure what was needed and cut that length. Using the glue gun, I just hot glued it to the top and voila...a little fur ball fluff on top of the pumpkin.  Hides your ribbon ends and looks cute too!  For $8 and an hour of my time, I got two one of a kind glitter pumpkins that you'll never see in any pumpkin patch!


Looks like a critter is taking up residence!



This is the professional shot taken by the talented Austin Stevenot, who also just did our professional headshots (although they're really not headshots...they're way better.  Thanks Austin!

Elementally,

Michele and Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...